Friday, August 25, 2006

Insomnia productivity

Well I went to the doctor yesterday and she checked me and said I was 1-2 and 70-80% effaced. Progress, but I was hoping for a little more than that. She also said that she thought I would deliver in the next week, but I am not optomistic. At the end of my pregnancy with Alex I had a funny metalic taste in my mouth for about the last 6 days before I delivered and that taste went away as soon as I delivered. Well, yesterday I woke up with that taste in my mouth and was very excited, but it has gone away and I am now dissapointed. It is not that the pregnancy itself is that difficult, it's that I can't sleep and if I am not going to be sleeping I would rather it be because I was getting up with a baby. Also, I am not very good with surprises and this whole I could deliver tomorrow or I could deliver 3 weeks from now thing is driving me nuts.

One good thing about the insomnia is that I have made some progress towards my goals for this week, plus a little extra:

1. Clean off the quilting machine and take a picture so that I can get it listed on ebay.

Well, I have cleaned off the machine and now I just need to go take some pictures before it gets covered in stuff again.

2. Get Alex's coat cut out and start of construction

I am almost done making this coat. It has turned out pretty cute and I can't wait for it to cool down so he can wear it.

3. Put the inner border on the king sized quilt

I haven't done anything towards this goal yet.

Lastly, I cleaned out two large boxes full of clutter from my closet last night. Those boxes had been sitting there since we moved in and it was more than time to get them out. I also have managed to do some laundry and make up some more of the new style diaper wipes (I use cloth diapers, and have started making wipes with terry on one side and flannel on the other). I actually am having alot of fun making the wipes because I have been able to use up some flannel scraps that I had left over from making Alex's diapers and also use up some old towels that have been piling up in the laundry room.

I'll post pictures as soon as I finish Alex's coat.

No comments: