Monday, May 28, 2007
I have made it a goal of mine to get some UFO's finished before starting new projects. Tonight I finished a UFO that I started in September/October of 2004. It was a Christmas block exchange for a bee group called The Cut Up's. I organized the swap and the rules were that the blocks had to be 12" finished in the quilter's choice of pattern and the colors had to be red, green and gold. After exchanging the blocks I had a hard time deciding how to set them and I finally found the print that I used for a border and sashing. After I got the top completed it sat around for a while again waiting to be quilted then I got in on Judi's 30 quilts for $30 and she just returned it to me about a week ago and I finished binding and putting the label on it tonight. The back is pieced out of a bunch of Christmas fat quarters that I had that I wasn't really in love with, but they made a great backing.