Monday, February 23, 2009

God will provide

As Dave Ramsey says; I am sacrificing now to win later. What this means is that I am on a pretty tight budget right now in order to build my emergency fund. This sacrifice now will give me so much peace of mind to know that in this economic climate if something happens to me I will have money to support myself. Lately though I have been feeling the pinch. Just tonight as I was driving home from getting the kids I really wanted to just go out to eat. Unfortunately, there is only $5 left in the food budget until I get paid on Thursday. So I drove home and made inside out pizza (calzones) for the kids and I. God is a great provider though and in the last 2 days I have gotten 3 things for free food from fast food restaurants (that I like). Sunday in the paper was a coupon for a free burrito at Chipotle. Today I found a sign up for a free small sub at Quiznos, and just now I got an email from Arby's for a free sandwich with a drink purchase. This will take care of my Tuesday night fast food run for the next couple of weeks. I am blessed.

1 comment:

Heather said...

You are doing a great job and are an insperation! I have some free food coupons I set aside for you as well :)
Since I slacked off on Monday, why don't you guys head here for dinner Thursday??
Keep up the possitive attitude - our Lord is awesome and will continue to guide you!