Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Chinese Fried Rice

I have tried several fried rice recipes over the years and was never greatly impressed. I tried a new one tonight and it was great. This makes a filling, cheap main dish meal. I used leftover white rice that I had cooked in chicken stock (homemade), some cubed cooked chicken I had in the freezer from some really cheap chicken I got a while back and veggies. Here is the recipe. I changed it a little (because I always do). I omitted the green onions (don't like them) and bean sprouts (didn't have any) but added about a tsp of chopped fresh garlic and about a quarter cup of finely diced yellow bell pepper. I also didn't do the egg in step 4 like it said, but I moved the chicken/veggie mixture to the sides of the pan after step 5 then poured the eggs in the center and stirred them until they were mostly cooked and then stirred them into the chicken/veggie mixture.

Alex asked to see what I was making for dinner tonight and when I showed him his face lit up and he said yumm! The best part is that there was enough left over to put some in the freezer for another meal.

No comments: