Saturday, December 27, 2008

Doria needs a quilt



Abbie got a Doria (Dora the explorer) doll for Christmas. Yesterday morning she was playing with it and another doll and I went to leave the house to run some errands. Apparently the dolls needed a blanket to go to bed and Abbie had appropriated my fleece jacket as a blanket. So, while the kids were out yesterday afternoon I quickly put together a quilt for Abbie's dolls.

The pannels are 4 1/2" x 10 1/2" string pieced units that I have been using as leader/enders, the borders are 2 1/2" black strips from my precut strips drawer and the binding and backing are a cute jungle fabric of H's that I had.

2 comments:

Heather said...

The blankie turned out so cute :) You are such a good mommy

SuzyQSparkles said...

Cute! I've been going to make a doll quilt for my neighbor girl... her Mommy hand made a doll and dress (all by hand!) and Daddy made a crib. I'd thought of making the quilt for a gift, but I think she's going to enjoy her sewing lessons much more!

I like your colorful leader-ender doll quilt!