Friday, December 07, 2007

A Change of Plans

We were originally planning on getting up Saturday morning and driving to Salt Lake to catch our 3pm flight but that plan changed this morning when we woke up to falling snow. As the morning wore on it became more and more clear that we needed to get into Salt Lake today or risk missing our flight tomorrow. So after some hurried last minute packing, laundry and errand running we kissed the kids goodbye and got on the road. The pass that we took from Salt Lake to Rock Springs was already closed so we had to take an alternate route. It pretty much snowed the whole way here and we had to be in 4 wheel drive most of the way, but we made it here safely (in about twice as much time as it took to get from Salt Lake to Rock Springs). We are staying at a hotel near the airport tonight and have just enjoyed a pretty decent meal that a local restaurant delivered to our room. I miss the babies already, but I am extremely grateful to be given this opportunity to have a much needed break from the constant work of having two small children. I have pictures from the drive today but the camera is in the car and I'll have to post them the next time I get on the internet.

1 comment:

SuzyQSparkles said...

I am SO GLAD you two got there safe and sound!

This afternoon saw GREAT behaviour from all four kids with no serious incidents. What I really need to know is if / when you want to see the adorable pictures I took of Abbie Girl in the tub tonight, or what I might take of the kids playing in the snow (our plan for tomorrow) or whatever. It's nice to see them, but perhaps it will cause too many let-downs. You decide and let me know.

Suzy :D