Monday, September 17, 2007

Small Quilt Auction


Tomorrow night is the annual Small Quilt Auction at my quilt guild. I have donated a chicken pincushion in the past but have never made a quilt so tonight I decided to make one. I used the "waste triangles" that I double sewed when I was making Alex's big boy quilt and that I had previously trimmed to 1 3/4" and sewed into 4 patch pinwheels. Tonight I sewed the pinwheels together and put on a couple borders and bound it. I am very pleased with how it turned out.

I have also included a couple more pictures from our trip to Zion. The picture of Abbie is of her in our Ergo Baby Carrier, this is how she saw Zion and I was very pleased with how comfortable it was and she got alot of attention from people when she was in it (although she gets attention wherever we go.

1 comment:

SuzyQSparkles said...

I LOVE your little quilt! I love scrappy stuff and HST are SO VERSATILE! When set side-by-side (like you did) the pinwheel pattern also turns into something called "Broken Dishes"... it's just the way you look at the block.

Suzy :D