Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Sidetracked

I had been making good progress on my counterpoint butterflies UFO, but got sidetracked with finishing work for two quilts that I am putting in the AQG quilt show. The quilts are the Oklahoma Backroads quilt that I started in September and the Stars over time quilt that was a UFO I finished last year. I have finished binding and putting the hanging sleeve on the Oklahoma Backroads quilt and I just need to put the label on. For the Stars over Time quilt I just have to put on the hanging sleeve. These are all tedious tasks that I would rather spend the time doing something else, but I enjoy having a quilt in the show so I must do them.

I am also going to have three other quilts in a show at the local historical society museum. This is not a judged show but I am excited to be able to say that my quilts have hung in a museum! The show starts on March 3rd so I will have to go and see them and take pictures of them.

I think that I will go reward myself for all the boring finishing work by working on the mystery quilt that I started last month.

No comments: