Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Batik Samlper


In 2005 I did my first block of the month at Bernina Connection in Phoenix. It sat for a while in the block phase until I could decide how to set it. I then found a great mottled black batik fabric and decided to set it topsy turvy ala Bonnie's Happy Scrappy Houses. Once I got the top completed it sat at that stage for a while until I could decide how to quilt it. Then came Judi's offer to quilt 30 quilts for $30 so that she could practice new techniques on her longarm. By this time I had decided to give it to our favorite Aunt for Christmas and Judi was kind enough to complete it before Christmas and I finished binding it and labeling it about 8pm on Christmas day. I am very pleased with how the top and quilting looks. Each block has a different quilting design. The quilt is actually more square than it looks in this picture.

No comments: