Friday, November 17, 2006

Falling off the wagon

I have been following along with everyone's posts on stashbuster about being no-buy and thought I would unofficially play along. I have to admit that I have fallen off the wagon. I have been very good lately about not buying fabric unless I needed it to complete a project, but in the last two weeks I have made two large (read $50) fabric purchases. The first one was at Quilter's Delight when I went in for the second to last installment of their $15 quilt. There were a couple of fabrics that I have drooled over the last couple times that I went in, and I allowed my friends to convince me to buy some this month. The other large purchase was at another quilt store, Zoe's Trunk, that had a half off sale on their precut fat quarters, half yard and one yard cuts. I got quite a but of fabric but really stuck with lights, which is something that has been lacking in my stash.

I have also started another project a Christmas present for my parents (my mother reads my blog sometimes so I can't really say more). I am working on this while using parts of my counterpoint stars as leader/enders. I also bought some fabric at the sale at Zoe's to make something for my sister and MIL. These will be quick, but nice Christmas gifts. I am feeling good about Christmas shopping, I ordered some soap from Tami's Soapworks today that I will be using as gifts so I have managed to cross three gifts off my list without even leaving the house.

No comments: