Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Milk Drunk

I have decided that breastfeeding is God's reward for putting up with pregnancy and delivery. There is nothing better than the satisfied look on a babies face when they have filled their belly and fallen asleep. I love to see milk dribble out the side of her mouth and know that I have done this for her. There is nothing better in the world than watching your child grow and knowing that you have been able to provide the best nutrition for you child that not only makes them healthier today but will make them healthier for their entire life.

1 comment:

SuzyQSparkles said...

I enjoyed this little blurb... can't tell you're studing to be a lacation consultant, huh?

I enjoyed nursing my babies, and never thought of feeding them any other way, but I'm not sure I allowed myself to think about it with the joy you do... though I did love looking at their content faces while they are falling to sleep at my breast. I also always rubbed their heads and stroked their hair while they nursed. I know with my 20 month old, the nursings are fewer and shorter and I find myself trying to "hold onto" them.

You’ll have to update your “About Me” from “…with a daughter on the way…”

Suzy :)