Wednesday, August 09, 2006

A little about me...


Earlier this year I found the Quiltville website and have become very interested in using up my scraps and have implemented Bonnie's scrap user's system. I also have made a goal to finish up my UFO's before starting any new projects. Currently I am working on finishing a quilt for Abigail (due September 12th) of which I just need to finish the binding and label it. I also am working on finishing a king sized quilt for my bedroom that I have been working on for at least 3 years now. When finished the king sized quilt will be the largest one I have ever completed.

I am including a picture of a string-x quilt that I made and recently gave as a baby shower gift. I was using the string pieced blocks as leaders and enders while working on other projects and was very happy to find that I almost had a completed quilt when the time came that I needed a quilt for a gift. I am continuing to use the string pieced blocks as leaders and enders and it is fun to see the pile of comleted 4 1/2" x 10 1/2 blocks add up.

My goal for having this blog is to make a record of my quilting for myself and maybe share it with some others and to use it as a means to look back on my progress. Thank you for sharing this adventure with me.

No comments: