Monday, August 18, 2008

Papa Joe



My Papa Joe has been given a terminal diagnosis from some heart trouble that he has been having. I don't think that it really has set in yet that soon I won't be able to see him anymore. My grandparents have been part of my life for as long as I can remember. When I was a kid they took me on a 6 week RV trip across the country. We got to see Yellowstone, Mt Rushmore and even went into Canada. Actually I was at Yellowstone with my grandparents when the fire started.

Since we don't know how much time we will have left with him I took the kids and went over for a visit for most of Sunday. It was nice to get to spend time with my grandparents and other relatives that were there today. I feel very grateful that I was able to get a nice picture of the kids with Papa Joe. Hopefully there will be many more opportunities for pictures, but if that does not come to pass at least I will have these pictures to show my kids when I tell them about their Papa Joe.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Iam so glad that you got these pictures... R still brings up how he feels bad that we didn't get any of his dad with the kids at last year's Bday party. They will appreciate them when they are older!