Friday, June 08, 2007
Sewing for Alex
Last summer I made several pairs of shorts for Alex and he has been wearing them so far this summer. Today I noticed that one of those pairs had gotten pretty tight so while the kids were napping I made him two more pairs of shorts. These go together pretty quickly since I put the two pattern pieces together and don't even have to make a side seam. the only thing that takes a bit of time is that Alex requires pockets for all of his cars and such so I put patch pockets on the side. One pair is made out of some seersucker train fabric that I got at Walmart last summer, the other pair is out of some denim that I got from freecycle. The pattern is New Look 6641, I have made a couple other pairs of shorts from this pattern and like it.