Sunday, March 31, 2013

My Challenge for 2013

I taught myself to knit back when Alex was a baby because I wanted to use wool soakers with my cloth diapers and wasn't willing to pay $50+ for one. Since that time I have knitted mostly dishcloths and scrubbies. This year I decided it was time to expand my knitting horizons and made a goal to learn to knit socks. I started by buying a knitting class from Craftsy. Next I bought some yarn and some impossibly tiny needles. Finally this weekend my friend Angela and I sat down together and started working on some socks. This is how far I've gotten up until now. I have actually knitted about twice this much but I spent about as much time ripping stitches as I did knitting. The other picture is of Angela trying to get the hang of knitting of 5 needles rather than the usual 2.



1 comment:

SuzyQSparkles said...

Just pay attention to the two working needles and let the others do what they will (as long as you keep the yarn scrunched in the middle of each needle, so it doesn't drop the stitches off!)

Enjoy! :D